At short notice and rather unexpectedly a new exhibit reached us today, which will probably stay in the museum for some time. It is a small Orenstein & Koppel shunting locomotive, originally constructed for the municipal gas works in Karlsruhe. The locomotive was in service there from 1919 to the mid 1960s. After that, she changed hands several times over the years, one of her resting places being Almstedt-Segeste and finally she came to the South German Railway Museum in Heilbronn, which has now sold the locomotive. The new owner is planning to restore her to full working order – work which will be carried out at Wittenberge involving help from external experts. Let us hope that the condition of the small locomotive is good enoughto will allow it to be put back into service.
The locomotive was delivered by road low loader today. The association is very pleased with the small machine. It is a great addition to the small collection of steam shunting locomotives, up to now represented by the steam locomotives “Emma” and “Pritzwalk”.